Greeting

 
These pages stem from the start of my loft modelling odyssey up to the great Covid 19 lockdown enforced upon me.  
 
News of developments from 2021 onwards to be found here.  

My Musical Adventures - My other hobby - only for the brave: https://barrykingsbeer.bandcamp.com/releases

Monday 25 November 2019

Super-detailing an old Pola Blacksmith's Barn kit - 2


I've been working on the machinery for the foundry and other internal details.  I plan to add led fire to both heat sources.


The smithing hearth. Once glued together, needing four hands, I wrapped styrene re-inforcing bands around the chimney and painted with red primer. The coal pile has been drilled to allow red light through.

I painted the bricks to represent blue engineering brick, the picture is a bit vague.

I made two crucibles for the furnace from the rounded ends of some thick sprue. I hollowed them out. One is fitted with a handle, the other is a "spare".

Painted and suitably clagged up with slag (Bi-carb)

Hearth and the start of a steamhammer from plastic scraps.

Steamhammer nearing completion.

A tiny hook to carry the crucible to the furnace.


The interior - so far.

Board and batten siding

A neighbour who sculpts wargaming figures gave me a load of Evergreen styrene shapes recently and luckily there were some 1/2mm strips just the right size for the battens.  Fitting them retrospectively was tedious and fiddly but worth the end result.
The detrained loco will provide steam to power the foundry machines.

Through the looking glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment